Wednesday, May 19, 2010

No sleeping tonight? Nah....

I'm stupid because I just like scaring myself. Lol.

Went with my colleagues for a movie today. I guess you can pretty much guess what I watched by my first statement above.
Freddy, Freddy, he who haunts your dreams and makes your nightmares come true...

I went in to the cinema hoping to get psychologically freaked by Michael Bay's remake of the 1984 box-office hit, but instead I came out vaguely scared and feeling a little let down by it. Although Jackie Earle Haley was playing Freddy, somehow I felt that he didn't pull off the character the way it could and should've been pulled off.. The scenes were predictable, the suspense mild and lacking in some areas, and well, I guess my expectations for it was just too high...

I'd call it a typical Hollywood horror remake...

Maybe I should get my hands on the original version... Maybe then I'd get some scaring I was looking for... Lol...


Note: Michael Bay produced the film, it was directed by Samuel Bayer.

2 comments:

ChaosGenesis said...

well hollywood has a tendency to shitanise horrors... lol

Yong said...

most of the times yes.. but sometimes it is possible that the remake turns out better than before.. rare though..

 
Designed by Lena