Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Book Worm says:

Two books I've recently finished:

The Other Boleyn Girl
by Philippa Gregory

This being a story revolving around the English court, you'd think: Surely interesting.
I'm telling you, calling it interesting would be undermining it...

It tells about the little known sister of Anne Boleyn, Mary, with the story itself revolving around the annulment of the royal marriage between King Henry VIII and Katherine of Aragon... Although, as a side note, it is after all fiction and has been criticised to be hugely historically inaccurate.

Scandals, affairs, gossip, plotting, ambition... this book has it all..
I couldn't put the book down the whole time I was reading it.. and all I wanted to do right up till the end was to turn to the next page and the next page and the next page...

Feeling like life could use a little bit of spicing up? Try this book... ;)
I think it may just leave you wanting more..
I surely do... however,financial constraints have been what's holding me back from getting the other 5 sequels written by Gregory herself...

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith

Die hard classic literature fans would definitely kill me if I said I love this book.
But the fact is, I do.

Seth Grahame-Smith did a fantastic job of taking one of Jane Austen's most popular works, and turning it into something much more... Readable for the normal human.

Don't get me wrong, I did fine going through Pride and Prejudice (Sense and Sensibility stretched me to my limit though), but reading through this book was just absolutely fun.

Imagine, Elizabeth the zombie slayer with her Shaolin training and love for Japanese katars?
Just awesome.

Coupled with Grahame-Smith's ability to turn the most dull of passages in the book into something amusing... Simply awesome.

If you've read through Pride and Prejudice and could barely stand it, AND if you have a love for zombies that you need to re-discover... My advice: Go get your hands on this book, and I guarantee you it will be a fun ride! ;)

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena