Thursday, March 01, 2007

A 'thing' for Houses and Bath Tubs

I love looking at houses. Big houses especially, fully furnished with an artistic touch on the inside and a beautifully maintained garden on the outside. And I'm definitely not the only one with this little 'fetish' (sans the sexual pleasure of course- I would definitely obtain that from other things, if you must know). Anyway, I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Every time I go out for a jog with my good friends, we would always choose a route where there are nice big houses and gardens. And unfortunately, instead of working our legs and sweating it out, the job goes to our mouths, as we become full fledged 'house exterior critics' for the supposed one hour jog. That's one reason why jogging with friends never really worked the pounds off me, as much as I would like it to.

Back to looking at houses... What about it? Since I love looking at it so much, I would never miss out on any opportunity to follow my family, who like me, are also extremely interested in visiting showhouses whenever there are any. As to why my parents are so interested in it, I guess it's because my dad works in the construction industry, and every time a site project is completed, he would proudly drive us all there to well, show it off.

And me? I dunno, maybe it's because I live in a small house where I think space is very limited (thanks to all the junk), and have always dreamed of living in a bigger one (Who doesn't? Unless you're living in a mansion already then I have nothing to say). And since I don't think I'd be moving into any big house any time soon, looking would just have to do for now.

Recently, when I went back to Ipoh for the CNY holidays, I overheard my aunt telling my dad about the new showhouses that were just completed in Tambun. And as she was telling him about how big the houses were, I could feel my ears expanding towards their direction to pick-up more information. Right after my aunt was out of ear-shot, I immediately went up to dad and persuaded him to take us there for a look-see. "Why not?" he agreed, leaving me smiling so slyly and rubbing my hands in glee, momentarily shocking my little cousin with the sudden change of attitude in his most favourite 'jie-jie'.

Yes, it was as good as my aunt said it was (by my standards of course). The three storey link-houses with basement looked as nice as I had pictured it in my mind.


Kisses @ Chocolate Lane. Basement concept homes by Keris Properties - Bandar Baru Tambun, Ipoh

*Sighs* The house of my dreams... Nah not really (this isn't one house okay, it's 5 houses linked together). Of course, as always, the corner house is always the best (both interior and exterior). The thing that caught my attention the most was the 3rd floor master bedroom suite. In fact, the whole 3rd floor was the master bedroom suite itself, not forgetting the bathroom suite that came with it of course. Don't you think it would be soooo cool to have the whole floor as a room for yourself. Wow.A closer look at the corner lot.

By the way, just between you and me, every time I visit a showhouse, I have this compelling urge to try out the toilet. Haha. "Weird..."you'd say, I know I know. But I have no idea why I feel this way, besides, it's not to up to me to control what my brain thinks now, is it?

However, don't you just agree that it would only be correct to have big bathrooms in big houses? I mean think about it. When you're at home, you spend a total of at least 2 hours a day in the bathroom (for girls) and 1 hour a day (for guys). And since 1-2 hours isn't a short period, would you feel comfortable doing your urm, business in a small, cramp, and dark bathroom? Of course not, no sane person would anyway. I wouldn't be comfortable dropping bombs off in a place like that myself.

THIS, is the kind of bathroom I'd look for in every showhouse. (I don't consider it a complete bathroom without a bath tub)

Victorian Themed Bathroom - Image from www.bathroomcity.co.uk

Of course, my ideal bathroom would look something like this...

Madison Square Maple - from Wellborn Cabinet Inc.
Looks more like a room than a bathroom doesn't it?

Yes, that's that. Big houses will never be complete without big bathrooms. And bathrooms will never be perfect without bath tubs.

1 comment:

陈一豪 said...

A blogger drops by. Hello.

 
Designed by Lena