Thursday, March 22, 2007

Nightmare Eyes


Nightmare Eyes

Troubled nights come troubled thoughts
Sleep can never come easy

Fall into dark dreams I may
Into dark dreams where old memories lay

I wake not remembering any dreams
I live not knowing who I was
I live not knowing who I am

Day after day I see those eyes
Murky eyes like a fog
Murky eyes with no whites

Wanting to hurt me
Wanting to break me
He holds my body on his leash
He holds my soul in his hands

Holding patience as his arsenal
He awaits the time
The time that I would finally remember
The time that I would finally know

I dread the day I would remember
When those nightmare eyes
Oh those horrible nightmare eyes

Would finally destroy me

A tribute to one of my favourite fantasy authors, Terry Goodkind.
Cover art illustration by Keith Parkinson.
Written by Yong-sama with inspiration from Phantom, A Sword of Truth Book

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think your blog is very nice you have a wonderful poem.

Yong-Sama said...

oh thanks, anonymous... whoever you are ^_^

 
Designed by Lena