Sunday, June 13, 2010

Run Yong-yong! Run!

I'm pooped.... =.=

Call me crazy or plain stupid, but I signed up for the SJ10km run with my friends. (And FYI, we don't run for a living, nor do we run very often, save the occasional 3 round jog around the track in Taman Ria Subang, and which, for me, usually consists of 2 rounds of running and the rest just walking...)

So there ya go~

And now, I'm back home... tired and dehydrated, but yet, strangely, feeling satisfied, and somewhat much more content with life than I have been (er-hem *coughpreviousposttooemocough*) in a long-long time.

I guess this time, it took a 10km run for God to knock some sense back into my head again...
Ah, the wonders You work.. lol...

Running the race and seeing the type of people running it too somehow made me realise that even though we humans can be so weak at times, to temptations, sin and what not, God also gave us the ability to fight, for survival, for the things you believe in, and more importantly, for the people you love as well...

Let me just recollect some of the amazing things I saw today:

1. A lady in a wheelchair.
We were going uphill at one point, and even though she did comment that it was tiring, she still continued wheeling her chair up without stopping or going any slower than the pace she was wheeling at. "Naik bukit, memang susah sikit..." That was what she said.. but yet, she never stopped, not asked her companion who was running beside her for help.

Oh, this is even more amazing...
2. A PREGNANT lady running
I was 100% shocked to see her in the race. And my goodness, she was even doing the whole race (10km). I wasn't the only one amazed to see her running.. Making light conversation on the run, one of the guys asked her, "Eh, you boleh lari ker?"
And she replied, "Boleh, take it slow no problem punye..."
He asked again, pointing at her bump, "Sudah berapa bulan?"
She said, "Mungkin hari ini due woo... Sudah 38 minggu... if today due good la... haha"
The guy's eyes were literally bulging when he heard that answer...
At that point, I ran past her, turned back and smiled at her, at which, she smiled back...
I'm not entirely sure if it's advisable for a pregnant woman, 38 weeks into her pregnancy, to run a 10km run... and I'm quite baffled her husband actually let her... but oh well, some people.. it's just amazing la..
(Heh, I doubt my future husband would even let me walk 1km being 38 weeks pregnant.. hahahah)

So well, there. I don't know if I made it sound inspiring enough or anything, but well, running this race, did do something for me. And for that, I'm glad.

And to top it off, I finished the race in approximately, 1hr 30 mins! *applause please* (Syok Sendiri lol)
Hahah.. no big deal la.. but it's somewhat an achievement for me, since well, I ran 10km!! (Ok, didn't run all the way.. but still :D) and, I'm not a long distance runner.. I have always been a sprinter. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna let it stop there.

Next year, 10km again? Perhaps :)

Me being me, who forgot to bring along my watch, ended up carrying my phone for the run instead (just to keep time). And well, good thing it comes with a camera, as horrible as the quality of the shots are.. haha
3 km at this point, in half an hour. Found it difficult to push on after I stopped running.

On the U-turn back to MPSJ. So near, yet so far...

9km checkpoint. Almost there!
And finally, the finish line! Whee~~~

Oh, and I have to say... I didn't have any luck getting drinks throughout the race (just goes to prove how slow I was).. and the worst thing? Getting back to MPSJ, getting to the 100 plus counter, and when it was my turn next... "Oh, sorry, 100 plus sudah habis."
Like.. wtf... lol... Ah well~

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena