Friday, October 24, 2008

Thinking

Hmmm...
During the quiet time I had last night before going to bed, I was reflecting on all the events that had happened over the week. And then, before I could even think of finally "switching off" for the night, this thought suddenly struck home...

"Gosh... I have been such a whiner these past few weeks... All I have been doing is complain, complain, AND complain... And the worst part is, I've been doing nothing about it, except to complain even more!"

What happened to that optimistic perception I had of life that I was once so proud of?
Where did that ability and want to look at life's glass half-full rather than half-empty disappear to?
What happened to the thought of being thankful for just being able to spend another day living?
Was I even being thankful at all?
Was I even appreciating everything I had?
How could people actually put up with me like that?

I guess I could just say that I wasn't the happiest person I could be due to the stress from my studies, but that would just be a whole load of bullsh*t and a fine excuse for me to go on whining on how miserable it was making me.

I realised that I haven't been appreciating the things I have around me. And without even realising it, I've even started to take things for granted. I know, people say it's just plain human nature that we always take things for granted and would only start appreciating and regretting all past actions only when a huge disaster strikes. But come to think of it, deep down inside us, don't we already know that we are taking things for granted? Don't we already know that we're not being thankful even though we should be? So why wait for that big disaster then?

Recently, I seem to have lost all motivation to even pick up my books and study. But who else is there to blame but myself? I've been constantly complaining on how tough my studies are this semester, but have I done anything to make it easier? Not at all... All I have been doing is going on blabbering and yakking on how difficult it is. And frankly, I've been doing it till I was so sick of it and didn't even realise I was until now.

It's time for me to stop.
Stop complaining. Stop whining. Stop dwelling on how difficult life can be.
And start doing something about it.

If you do hear me complain about anything else after this... do slap me.
Lol.


"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
And remember that I shall.

To all those who have stuck by me all this while and have always listened with patience and concern no matter what I had to rant about, thank you :)

Especially you, dear. I love you. :)

3 comments:

ChaosGenesis said...

well... wat can i say?

wen tings start to look overly tough or... impossible... its oni natural that we tend to give up...

imagine asking u 2 dig ur way out of a stone prison using ONE plastic spoon...

u wudn even bother to try!

but... its good u've realised that not all battles should been conceded without a fight... and a bit or perseverance... goes a long long way...

but doing so will make d journey more difficult... as u struggle to overcome the odds... but it'll at least make sure of one thing... and dats rly impt...

it'l make sure... u'll live a life with no regrets :)

well.. i can promise to slap u! but i will remind u of this post of urs :)

as for taking things for granted... yup... we all do dat... and its oso true deep down inside... we noe we shudn... but in many cases.. we continue to... old habits die hard! XD

i love you too darling :)

Yong-Sama said...

if I was really desperate I think I would actually start digging XD prolly give up later though :p or better yet, get my cell mate (assuming I would have one)to dig with me by breaking the spoon n giving her the other half XD


:) thanks dear

ChaosGenesis said...

LOL... well good luck 2 u n ur cell mate den :D

dun mention it sweetie ;)

 
Designed by Lena