Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Christmas is finally here!
Merry Christmas, everybody!

I would like to wish all my readers, and also everyone out there, if you do happen
across this page of my blog on this very jolly day of the year, a very Merry Christmas and may God's blessings find you and your loved ones wherever you are!

Ah, Christmas, my favourite season and holiday of the whole calendar year, and in fact, I do believe that I'm not the only one who looks forward to the coming of Christmas every year. Is it because of all the gift giving, the hearty meals with turkey and all those awesome goodies, the beautiful deco all around town, the fact that it is a public holiday, the hot Santarinas in their santa suits, the jolly Christmas carols, and also the joyous festivity that makes it one heck of a popular and wonderful holiday? Well, I guess to many, it would probably be one or a few of these many reasons, and even others which I haven't listed down, that makes up Christmas for most people on earth.

Well, to me, I do agree that those are the reasons (except for the hot Santarinas of course =.=) that makes up Christmas for me. However, in all the 19 years of my somewhat long yet short life, I've also come to realise that many people celebrating Christmas don't actually know the true meaning of Christmas, and that is kind of disappointing seeing that Christmas is celebrated widely over the world.

For those of you who don't really understand what I'm trying to say, well let me just put it simply for you. Christmas isn't about gift giving, Christmas isn't about Santa Claus and his reindeer, Christmas isn't about all the carols, and Christmas also isn't about all the beautiful Christmas decorations and meals with turkey. In truth, we celebrate Christmas because this is the day that our saviour, Jesus son of God was born. And we Christians celebrate this day not just to remember the birth of Christ but also all that he has done for us during his years as a person on earth. In fact, we give gifts during this season to remember how God gave us Jesus as a gift and to be our saviour.

Of how all the other traditions of Christmas came to being, I don't really know all about it, but hey, now when someone asks you if you understand the true meaning of Christmas, well you can proudly say that you do. ;)

Alright now, enough of what I think. Now lets move on to the "presents" part of Christmas, the more exciting of food and all those other stuff. I do have to say, that whatever I received this year was more interesting than last year. LOL. Okay, so what do I have with me after opening all those presents that my good friends, which is you guys, have so thoughtfully gotten for me.

Guess who gave me this? XD It was Joshua of course. How in the world did he know I was hoping so much for a recipe book for desserts and such I do not know (must be the psychic powers of his long hair, as Qi Hong puts it), but dude I want to say thank you so, so much for this wonderful gift. Better make sure I see you on the 30th in Sue-Anne's house, I'll cook up something from this book for you to try. XD

Moving on, I also have...
A Rose fragrance body mist from Sue-Anne. Smells real good. But though are you trying to hint to me that I stink or something? HAHA! Just joking. Thanks gurl, I was starting to get sick of my pear scented body gel. LOL. This will do just fine for a change. XD

Next...

An aromatic candle set from Huey Fern. Which, is also rose scented. Hey wait now, is everybody trying to imply that I stink or something??? LOL. Thanks Fern, hope you're having a great time over in Japan, and hope it's a white Christmas for you!

And the last few...
A pink Hippo soft toy, a cute octopus with only 5 tentacles and a candy cane is a few of the remaining gifts I got from my friends at church. Thanks Justin and Anthea!!!

You know somehow, pink seems to be the colour of Yong-sama for this year's Christmas.
Why? Because the majority of the gifts I received seems to be pink in colour. Yay, pink for the season!!!

Ah yes, and not to forget all the goodies Mum got my brother and I this year. Cham, and I was hoping to lose some weight during this holiday. =.=. Oh well, eat first, worry later. Muahahaha.
And for those of you who have been wondering what in the world I was doing all this time during my holidays. Well, your Christmas present clearly explains it all then. XD.
The messiness of my workplace. Oh believe me, it was worse than this before. Now I only have another 2 more to go and I can finally wrap up all this junk, relax and enjoy the rest of my holidays.

Oh right, and in case you've been wondering why I asked you to choose your presents when all the wrappings looked the same, is because the gifts weren't exactly the same. Among the designs I did for the candle holders were...
A Christmas tree themed painting with presents in the background.


Santa on his sleigh with his reindeer. I forgot to paint the first reindeer's nose red, so sorry y'all! And I think Wui Li got the painting with the extremely fat reindeer. LOL. Sorry, that was the first one I did of the reindeer, so yea, guess the artwork was kind of sloppy.

And the last would be a painting of a family of snowmen. The Dad, Mum and the kid. I don't have a picture of this yet. Will upload it in a few days time. Or you could just ask around to see which lucky person got the snowmen picture.

That's all for now people. I hope you liked your gift. Although I do have to admit, that I'm not really good at buying gifts and I often get you people a lot of obsolete stuff which you would just stuff up somewhere in your shelf and drawer never to use it again. Ah well... XD. Oh by the way, if you need more candles, do feel free to ask me for some more. I have loads of them. And yes, they are all strawberry scented. =p

Once again, Merry Christmas! And just a little something I'd like to add, Christmas isn't Christmas, till it happens in your heart!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

indeed..i got the fat one..how did u know lol..must be the only one i guess

whao..jo memang skill :D

enjoy the holis!! tc n cya around!!

tInKy said...

hahah I kinda guessed Jo got you a cookbook AFTER I went back home and thought abt it. A lil slow. HAHAHA! Jo really has been psychic with OUR gifts at least.

And no! It's not 'cause you stink. In fact you rock so hard. Rose mist makes me think of you. HEHEHE! Gotta admit I really did like the smell of it. And the rose is pretty too~ Just like you~ ;p

I like your artwork btw. So cute! And I love how it's all hand-painted. You know? With your genunine sweat and all. Thanks gal!

Whee~ bbq at my hse on the 30th. Bring the cake! :D

Yong-Sama said...

Hahahah. Thanks XD. I'm glad you all liked it. I was so afraid that it'll turn out all ugly and stuff XD.

Lol.. am still wondering what is it he got Qi Hong.. for willy it was a shirt i think o.O XD

Haha cya on the 30th XD muffins muffins muffins!

 
Designed by Lena