Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's for the Single

Ahhh... Valentine's Day, the day where couples and lovers throw aside ALL reason to go all mushy and sappy to express their love to one other. In fact, it seems like it's the ONLY day in the whole year that people openly show their appreciation to one another. I thought that if you loved someone, then shouldn't you make it Valentine's Day all year round for that special him or her, instead of "cramming" all the love in just one day?

But anyhow, maybe having Valentine's once a year isn't that bad an idea after all. If you've had your Valentine's experience, I'm sure you'd understand how it feels to receive something special from that special someone (even though you know perfectly well that that special someone did not really put in much effort - but much more money instead, to get you that gift).

I bet everybody would love receiving 365 gifts, for every 365 days in the whole year(who wouldn't?). However, imagine if you had to crack your head each and everyday, thinking of what you would buy or make next for your beloved one...... I figure you would go crazy by the end of the first week, and that you would definitely be broke by then as well.

However, don't you think that Valentine's is actually a real waste of money, created only to benefit intelligent people who knows perfectly well how to burn a big hole in your wallet by selling you stuff that costs more than usual during this "special" period? It's not that you realise it anyway, as you are left in a lurch, wondering where all your hard-earned money has gone, while they in-turn are laughing all the way to the bank. What started off as a day to express your love to that special someone, has somehow turned much more material instead.

Valentine's Day was always meant for the two-some... so then, what happens to all those other singles then? Simple, just sit-home and dream up your own Valentine of course :p

Take me for example, for this year's Valentine's, I've decided to stay home, and enjoy Valentine's Day together with...
My left over box of Ferrero Rochers from Christmas...
It's kinda pathetic actually, there's only 5 left in the box LOL


A new box of Chocs from Australia given to me by my Dad's friend who has known me since I was a little baby... (although I'd have to share it grudgingly with my Dad and bro who are both chocolate lovers as well... =.=)

*NO PIC*

The notes and textbook of the subject that I'd have to study tonight for a test (which I so hate love and thus did not want to include any picture of it here) tomorrow.

My bro's (or used to be until I took it away from him) Pikachu who'd gladly allow me to plant kisses and tears all over him and not complain about it...

And of course not to forget my crazy brother who spent most of the night trying to sneak a Ferrero Rocher out of the box without me noticing... which he actually managed to do...

It's so fun being single, and actually loving it (or at least I think I am?). XD

So for all you singles out there as well, don't feel sad if you think that you're being left out from Valentines... All you have to do is just kick-back, relax, keep the beat going and be proud of it. Being single has its own advantages, so be glad it's YOU who is enjoying it!


*Swan pic- taken by Mozzercork
*Hearts- taken by Aine D

3 comments:

ChaosGenesis said...

haha....i dun find v-day dat special XD jus anth day 2 celebrate...not dat i hav any1 2 celebrate it wid.....but stil its fun~ XD its over commercialized....but no1 is FORCING any1 2 buy anything...pple jus succumb 2 peer...or shud i say global pressure :P n yes...it wud b v hard 2 buy a gift 4 ur loved one EVERYDAY...n if u commit 2 do so...n ONE day u 4get....man u'll hav hell 2 pay (4 d guys anyways...XD) hehe...eh...ur pikachu....seems a lil...dirty XD go wash it la...mayb its jus d lighting...n d love shaped cookies is cool :D

Yong-Sama said...

lol it's not the pikachu.. it's the lighting haha.. yea i know.. the heart cookies are real sweet *as in not taste but the shape and oh wtv~ XD

Anonymous said...

Ooo I see your got ur writing bug back. I have lost mine for quite a while now as you can see at my blog w pics and short comments.

Btw,u look hot in that pikachu pic! I bet you won't be single for long looking like that *wink wink*. It really does kinda rock being single. Seriously. We can do wtv and not worry as much. HAHAHA!

All the best for all your tests and etc. catch ya lata alligator! :D

 
Designed by Lena