Saturday, July 31, 2010

Of playdough and bubbles

Today, I sorta had a short moment to relive my childhood days again...

My taekwondo pals and I decided to have dinner in Empire this evening after the Taekwondo Competition that we were organising, and after a very awesome dinner (Serai's dishes are gooooooood~), we decided to take a walk round Empire to ease our extremely full stomachs.

We explored Tangs (where no Charmaine, I am not getting married anytime soon so you can forget about getting that dress as your bridesmaid dress lol)... Sony (so expensive the Vaio T.T)... and lastly we ended up in Toys'R'us for the fun of it...

We slowly explored the whole shop, going from the soft toys section, to the Barbie section, and then the doll houses (Oh gosh, the doll houses that I would love to have displayed in my home so much but I don't have the cash nor the space to do it..).. to the baby toys section and on the miniature cars section and following on to the boardgame section and finally back round again to the entrance...

We touched and pressed buttons on every toy/machine that we stopped to take a look at.. (yes, I admit we were being very childish XD)

There was Ernie (my favourite Sesame Street character) and the shoo super cwute soft toy puppies... The awesome doll houses, the noisy cushion mallets.. Improved masak-masak sets (You can cut food in half now with a plastic knife, how awesome is that?) Lego... Playdough (gosh, I so loved playdough back then.. I remember how expensive it was..) and bubble liquid for blowing bubbles.. Oh.. blowing bubbles, something I used to do almost every evening when I was a kid.....

*Sigh*... Those were the days when I would just play around and enjoy my days and evenings and not have to worry about anything else...
I feel so old.. Hahahah...

Seeing so many young couples with their kids shopping there, I couldn't help but briefly wonder: When is it going to be my turn?
Lol.. A long time away that's for sure, and if God willing... :)

After I came home, my dad was telling me about his old classmate who was asking after me today...
I haven't seen him in more than 15 years, and it's a wonder that he still remembers me... And well, parents being parents, whenever they bring up stuff like that.. I'd always get another interesting glance into my childhood which I don't recall much at all...

Apparently, I was a very mature little girl back then... The questions I would ask adults were so sensible I would stun them into not being able to reply, and someone even commented that the questions I asked were such adult questions...

I wonder what happened to that little girl... Because, I don't seem to be a very sensible grown-up now =.=

Long gone are the days of childhood I guess...

2 comments:

ChaosGenesis said...

evry1 grows up ... phases of life i gues...

ahh... dat little girl mus stil b in u sumwhere... toys r us is proof of dat isn it? lol

i dunu abt d one in empire, but ive found most d toys r us in msia quite run down lol

i rmbr it used to b so much more... well.. more :)

Yong-Sama said...

It's much better in Empire.. but that's because it's new..

Or maybe.. you're just growing up too.. lol

 
Designed by Lena